Wednesday 4 May 2011

Looking back, over your shoulder...

What a morning - I have just spent half an hour looking back through my own posts - mostly being astonished by how long ago things occurred in relation to how not so long ago they are in my memory! (does that make sense?)
This time was supposed to be spent reading other peoples blogs - I am getting so tardy at this, and I so love reading all your adventures! But since signing up for twitter, and starting a JuicyFig facebook page, I get so easily side tracked, mind you it does not help me being SO computer illiterate, it takes me AGES to do anything!
 The other thing that struck me while looking back is how clean and tidy my house looks in them! Since finishing work and Baby Fig moving back home, the house has gone to pieces! there is not an inch of space anywhere - I wouldn't mind so much if I hadn't spent the past 12 months throwing stuff out and selling items on e-bay, plus I can't afford to buy anything new! - so where does it all come from?

 Has anyone been watching the series on BBC1 about Liberty's, Habitat, Boots et al?
I had dreams of my products being stocked in Liberty's for years - but to be honest, after watching this programe, and seeing artists and crafts people taken on by them, then the gorgeous stuff they make being mass produced abroad, and there prices being knocked down and down, I am not sure I would want that! - Still, the money would be nice right now. My compensation from my last job has long since ended, and I am at another of those strange life junctions with decisions that need making. Baby Fig has also lost her job, but is desperate to get back into screen printing. Our goal is to work together someday - we just need a huge cash injection - a donation preferably!! hehehe
 In the mean time, I have been busy knitting. These scarves are all in my Folksy shop - HOWEVER! the twirly ones are so simple to make, only the knit stitch is required, so I am going to post the pattern on here so if you fancy having a go you can!
Right - better start tidying up! 


6 comments:

Crafts @ Home said...

What lovely scarves, love the brooch too, good luck with the tidying!
Sue Xx

KC'sCourt! said...

Lovely Scarves. When you've tidied would you like to help me do mine......?
Julie xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back blogging again, love the scarves too.

Gilly Tee said...

scarves look fun. House work is such a chore.
Gillx

Pooch Purple Reign said...

i try to never look back... :)
o and i dont tidy much either... altho at the moment i live in an almost empty house, a huge empty house. kinda fun
~laura

Anonymous said...

hi just stopping bye to say hello we are teamed up in the button swap I have already started on my items
xx fee