Thursday 5 April 2012

Selling a little bit of me...

I have been making patchwork quilts since my legs were long enough to reach the treadle on my Grandma's old sewing machine. I LOVE patchwork quilts, I love old ones, new ones, plain simple ones, fancy intricate ones, bright ones, subtle ones, I love looking at them, touching them, and most of all sleeping underneath them which is why it always makes me sad when I put them up for sale. It is such a long and intimate relationship you often have with them from conception to completion it really is like selling a little bit of yourself.

I have just put 4 onto ETSY in the hope I can make a little money and that someone will really appreciate them for a very long time. Sometimes I secretly hope they won't sell so I can be excused for keeping them. 

- and sad though it sounds, my favourite one was wrapped around my shoulders as I listed it. It has been stored with some Vintage Rose scented hearts and smells delicious. 

Oh well. Sighhhhhhhhh

Baby Fig bought me these to cheer me up - and they have! 


4 comments:

Crafts @ Home said...

They are gorgeous, I hate even giving mine away to friends and family!!!
Sue Xxx

Anonymous said...

such amazing work!

GiddyStuff said...

Those are beautiful x

Twiggy said...

They really are gorgeous. I know what you mean though, it's like giving a tiny bit of yourself away but I bet they will be appreciated.
twiggy