Wednesday 27 April 2011

Bodkin The Brave

Thanks for the get well soons for our teeny tiny kitty Bodkin.
He has somehow managed to take some of his stitches out, so another trip to the vets was needed to get his leg stapled instead - he is now feeling very sorry for himself, as he has to wear one of those Elizabethan collars that looks like a trumpet on his head - he has been banished from the great outdoors until it heals more - in the mean time he is insisting on throwing himself against the windows to get out, then moon walking round the house - very funny, but I can't wait for him to be allowed out again!

Only a couple of days now until the Royal Shindig - I must admit that although I am not a fan of Royalty, it does completely fascinate me! As far as I can tell our country does have the longest Royal History, there have been good 'uns and bad 'uns, and I would rather be a citizen than a subject - I think...but we really do pomp and ceremony like no other country, and every aspect of the wedding has some historical story behind it. 
I was watching a program earlier today about other royal weddings, and the gifts received from loyal subjects - one of the queens wedding gifts was a pile of knitted dish cloths - I wonder if she still uses them?

When Charles and Di wed in 1981 - I was 10 years old. I was spending the week at Stonyhurst collage, about 5 miles away. On the day of the wedding they set up a TV in the refectory - it was the most amazing place to be, I felt almost Royal! (check the link and you will see why!)

This time I am going round to my mums to watch, we will make sandwiches and drink Bitter Shandy's!

What ever you get up to on Friday - I hope you have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

VintageVicki said...

I must confess the more its mentioned the more I'm looking forward to Friday. Just made some UJ bunting and am planning to buy Pimms tomorrow and posh nibbles :)

My teenage males have no interest and are planning on going out!

Louise said...

I was only 17 when Charles and Di got married! Where the hell have those years gone? I'll be happy with a mug of tea, and the TV on in the background - OH is spending his day off fishing! x