Tuesday 8 June 2010

Waiting for...

I tend to be writing my blog in my head a lot - then when it comes to actually writing it, all those pearls of wisdom, all those neat phrases, the perfect sentence, the interesting subject - it all disappears. Mind you, if I could write a blog with an interface directly from my brain, it would ramble on and on, twist and turn, and never get to any point!

This week I have spent a lot of time in the sewing room trying to remember the inspirational ideas I came up with for my future income - I don't know, I suppose it will all fall into place eventually but right now the future is as much terrifying as exciting!

I have put a few more items in my Folksy shop after selling my very first item this week, reviving some kind of faith in myself


These are "Quit-tin Quilt-tins" 
Everything needed to make a traditional English patchwork pincushion in a tobacco tin - especially for anyone trying to quit smoking or for 'waiting' - something you tend to do a lot of from the moment you have kids - and for the rest of your life! from sitting by the pool while they have lessons to sitting in the doctors waiting room as more and more of you stops working! 
And a little bit of crochet - my latest obsession.


3 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

I have never smoked, but I do think the tins are a great idea.
Julie xxxxxxx

Pooch Purple Reign said...

those are totally cute tins. what a great idea.
~laura

Unknown said...

Oh the little tins are a charming idea, I wish you great luck with them.