Tuesday 24 May 2011

that was the week that was...busy!

 I have had an incredibly busy week! I have finally finished this baby quilt that was my first commission - I chose the colours etc, so I just hope they like it! It has been finished in a record 2 weeks, this is mainly due to my Daughter's statement when I started..."I bet you don't finish it, it will end up with all the other blankets you have started" - I am now wondering if my client paid her to say this, as they both know me so well! so - 90 squares, and 4 balls of wool later - it is done. I hope Baby Oliver (when he is born) appreciates all these  colours!
Last Wednesday Baby Fig and myself went to the first of 6 FREE printing workshops at Blackburn Museum.
It was a fantastic afternoon, the teacher was so lovely and very talented - however, the only people there were baby fig and myself - what a shame! So, if you are in the area and have a Wednesday afternoon free, get down to the museum and have a go - we can't wait for this weeks workshop!

I have been busy tweeting...the internet conspires to keep me at my computer far too long! but if you are a tweeter - come and say hello!

Very exciting for me, I was asked to write a GUEST BLOG by a fellow twitter-er, so I did! I was quite pleased with it - which is unusual for me! These girls have a lovely site about thriftiness and good money management, do pop over and say hello to PennyWisePenny

So - in the next few days I will be posting up a couple of Bread making recipe's to tie in with the blog, my basic-can't go wrong-daily loaf recipe, and my Grandma's 70 year old woman's hour recipe! 

All we need now is more sunshine - what happened to it?

10 comments:

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

I'm sure baby Oliver will adore that blanket. It's a stunner. Looking forward to the one hour bread recipe. That's my kind of recipe - quick and easy (hopefully!).

Jules said...

My you have been busy! Love the blanket - very retro colours I think and a nice change from the usual baby mix. Looking forward to the bread recipes - my son keeps asking me why 'we' don't make fresh bread! x

Cheap2Chic said...

I absolutely love the blanket and unusual (from the norm) mix of colours xx

Taz said...

Oh that's a lovely blanket and a new family heirloom me thinks ;)
Wish I could come to the free workshop but too far away for me :(

KC'sCourt! said...

Lovely blanket
Julie xxxxxx

Penny said...

We loved your blog on baking bread, thank you sooooo much!

Jessie McKitrick said...

Gorgeous blanket; I love the colours!

Pooch Purple Reign said...

awesome blankie !! i love the colours too!!
im looking forward to the bread recipes.... hoping i can make them with rye or spelt as an alternative
cheers
~laura xx

Louise said...

You've been up to a lot in my absence! The blanket is more than lovely. My blog has been neglected for a while, which is down to my penchance for Twitter! x

Owl Loves Panda said...

The baby quilt is gorgeous, I love the colour combo! Hayley x