Saturday 24 July 2010

Handmade Christmas Challenge - week 1

Eek! the first Saturday arrived very quickly! 

OK - so this is not a very well thought out gift at the moment. I bought the yarn at the knit and natter yesterday (wool shops should be banned from holding k&n groups - just for the benefit of my purse!)

The yarn was in the sale tub at £1.85 - and, well,....to tell the truth, my mum bought it for me....

I came home with a pile of ideas and very excited to get started, then all the idea's either fell out of my head, or started to sound to complicated, or boring etc, so in the end I just cast on 100 stitches on my DPNS and set off. 

It has organically transformed itself in my head into a hat - a spiral hat with bobbles (just learned how to do them) and on top it is going to have i-cord tentacles and even perhaps some crocheted flowers....

so - people I want to to open a Christmas present and say "er...thanks...that's er...really thoughtful er....thanks?"

Mr Juicy 
My little brother
Baby Fig




7 comments:

Nearly there Claire said...

Or meeeeee! ha ha, I would look fab on the playground in that beauty. I wish I could knit, I don't go fast enough for my liking. Just rubbish hee hee. X

Craft Matters said...

:) It's always good to make it up as you go along!

Cheap2Chic said...

I went into Hobbycraft today and bought loads of wool in their sale bin. They were all marked £1.99 for three balls and I noticed one ball of wool was actually £4.99 (reduced because it had lost it's label).

Hopefully they'll turn into Xmas pressies scarfs.

xx

Taz said...

I'm sure he'll love it ;)

And just to let you know as far as I've ascertained you're ok Vimto is British still :D

Unknown said...

You're on maid!!!! I'm up for it! I'm going to make every Crimbo pressie!!!

Knicky Knacks said...

How could they knock back a homemade pressie for Chrissy when it's been made with such love! Love the colours. Thanks for joining in this week in the Homemade Christmas Challenge. Look forward to seeing more of your creations leading up to Christmas! Tracey :)

DEBBIE said...

Hi there, nice to meet another Lancashire chick!
I live in Chorley!
You have such a lovely blog!
And I`m envious of how creative/talented you are!Lol
I will be back for more inspiration!

DEBBIE MOSS