Tuesday 28 October 2008

catchup

wow, it seams like a very long time since I was here last...well actually it is a long time.

I am not sure where to begin so think it might be best to just say that life has been hectic this summer, new people in our lives, illness's, work issues, and I am now going into winter a very tired and emotionally drained person.

I have not been into my little sewing room for weeks - I have not had the time the energy or the inspiration, but I have been knitting like a demon. Knitting was always something that created tension and angst with me, but I am finding very relaxing at the moment. I am on to my 4th pair of socks at the moment, and love every second of the creative process, and planning my next project as I knit the current one. Photo's to follow as and when.

I have also signed up for a BTEC in photography - with my daughter - at Blackburn collage. it is costing me a fortune and I don't have a digital SLR camera yet but am really enjoying using my little compact and just getting out there 'shooting' everything and everyone!

I am looking forward to the knitting and stitching show at Harrogate in November - it is always around the weekend of my birthday and I LOVE IT!!! more wool than I could knit in a lifetime, the quilt exhibition, the fabrics and the new crafts you just have to get a kit for and try to work out for the rest of the year...you know what I am talking about!

I regret I have not been keeping up with any ones blogs for weeks now - and I do regret this - you are all such an inspiration out there, and I feel like I have abandoned my friends - but I know you all understand how life gets in the way of living at times!

so - this is my attempt to ease myself back into a gentler calmer way of life - (is that possible) and to make the most of the impending dark evenings and rainy weekends, and the crisp sunny frosty mornings.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry you've been having a bit of a hectic not so great time of it lately. The BTEC sounds very exciting - good luck with that!

I am going to K&S in Nov too...on the Sunday. Can't wait!

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

I`m glad that you are back!
And you shouldn`t worry... we all go through that "faze" sometimes... when we just have to leave blogging behind for a while to sort out our life!
Looking forward to see your New Creations!
Kisses
Debbie Moss

jennyflowerblue said...

Been thinking about you, lovely to know you are still out there, letting the power of the wool calm you! xxxx

Just Original said...

Glad your back, but I know how lives get's in the way. I hope the new activities will be enough to get you back into the swing of things.

Vanessa x

wonderwoman said...

nice to have you back - life has a way of taking over sometimes! congrats on going to college, keep thinking about doing a course myself but can never make up my mind which one!!

xx

JuliaB said...

good luck with your course! I went to Blackburn College but not for anything exciting, just to re-sit my o-levels .. back in the 80's!! argh!

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

oh it's great to have you back juicyfig!!
hope life is calmer now - college course sounds great.

Funkymonkey said...

Glad you are back! Hope things are calmer for you now. Looking forward to reading more.

Unknown said...

Glad you are back, I've missed you!
x Vicky x

Chloe said...

I've been checking in every now and then and wondered where you'd gone!
Nice to have you back.

Enjoy your photography course. I bet it will be great fun.

Indigo Blue said...

Glad to see you back. I lost interest in Knitting after having made loads of things but other things going on did not help. Now, I am knitting again and even running a small group at work in sponsored knit! When you have a minute pop over.
XX

jo said...

hey
sorry life has been tough recently, i can relate to that, really hope things are getting better. Good luck with the Btec!!
take care
jo
xx

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

how are you doing?

Suzanne Vaughan said...

Lovely to see you back blogging again! Max is really enjoying his HP book cover!

Jennie said...

To be honest I am very similar and now vainly trying to catch up on things which I have let go for far too long. Hope things get easier for you soon.