Wednesday 12 September 2012

I am a sock puppet.

I have had a pair of socks on the needles constantly for months now - as soon as one pair is finished, I start on the next. It has become a compulsion almost, and now I am going to justify it! 
First of all, there are so many gorgeous sock yarns out there - everywhere I look! I start most days drooling over one yarn site or another - and have 3 balls of the most gorgeous coloured yarns saved on my e-bay watch list. I have yet to save enough money in pay pal to buy them, and have watched them for almost 60 days now. One day my beauties, you will be mine.
Secondly, Mr Juicy has been wearing the last two pairs I knit for him in a 'wash wear' rotation for weeks now - so I NEED to knit him some more, what with winter coming up and us no longer having a tumble dryer etc etc....
Thirdly - I have still got about 6 different sock yarns to use up in my sock yarn stash trunk, it would be a shame for them to sit there unused.
fourthly - there are oodles of amazing sock patterns out there that are begging to be knit, can you hear them? "knit me, knit me"
fifthly - socks are small practical projects that can be carried any ware with you to fill in those boring moments, e.g. sitting outside a shop waiting for husband/daughter, in hospital/dentist/doctors waiting room, and perfect to take to a knit and natter if you are just knitting round and round - you can't make a mistake while getting all the juicy gossip.
and sixthly - oh, I am sure there are a million other reasons! can I not just LOVE knitting socks?

My latest socks on the needles in an amazing Opal self patterning yarn - for more details of the yarn and the VERY basic pattern, click on the photo to take you to my Ravely page.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwwww ..you just love it ...whats wrong with that ... and I'm sure it must keep you out of mischief!

Vicky x