Sunday, 18 April 2010

Drum roll please!!!!!!!


As the sun was shining this morning, I thought what the heck, and put a load of stuff outside my little terrace to sell, thinking it might just cheer people up as they went past, it cost me nothing, and I don't have to sit next to it all day! I haven't sold anything as yet, but I'm not bothered, however two young boys came to have a look, I could hear the conversation from inside as one said to the other "doesn't your mum need some dish cloths? - they are very good ones!"

Yesterday I spent the whole afternoon teaching an African Drum class to the Blackburn Peoples choir, it was just so uplifting for me! I don't teach many classes these days (this is not my day job...) most of the workshops I do with the drums are drum circles with children and are fast noisy and frantic, yesterday was just what I love doing, back to where I started over 15 years ago with real west African Patterns...

The group picked it up really quickly, and before you know it, we were making sweet music! what a total buzz. I only got chance to take 2 photo's - here people are choosing the drum they want to play.

When I got home Mr Fig had been busy creating a pie. He said this was the only time he would probably ever make one of these, a Wheat, dairy, gluten free hot water raised game pie, with venison, rabbit and pigeon in it - 3 days in the making - but very tasty!

I was also given this wonderful award, TWICE! wow - well as you can imagine in my current state, this threw me into floods of tears! Thanks to Twiggy and Taz for this!


So now I need to send on the love to 10 bloggers...

one each for;
Daisie Days
K C's Court
Kids and Capers
Frugal Queen
Ruby's Button Tin
Anglesey Allsorts
Ragged Roses

ok, I didn't get to 10...
To be honest, I would also have chosen the people who chose me!
You all give me so much inspiration, and all of you make me smile!

Thanks for that...
Kath
x


5 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

Thank you for the award

twiggypeasticks said...

Tee hee great minds think alike !! I think your little sale looks so lovely as does the yummu pie.
twiggy x

Taz said...

Hehehehee me and the twigster are just too alike ;)
Ok I am coming for a visit (when I win my bike) I want to go to your wool shop, I would love to be in your drumming workshop and you have a man that makes pies!!!!

HairyKnees said...

You play the African drums?! :O wait... you teach HOW to play? Thats so cool :D I'd really love to learn one day. My one dream is to learn how to play a proper drumkit. I will get to it one day!

Louise said...

Do you know I've always wanted to do that, sell stuff from outside my home, but I live in a close with not enough passing trade. I can't believe you haven't sold anything! I must admit to quite enjoying listening in on other people's conversations! x